Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Not Dead, Just Resting

I really am still alive and kicking. I just didn't realize that it had been three months since my last post. There's been some knitting, quilting, gardening, reading, a lot of cooking and a bit of exercise. We've lost our last cat, Clementine. We've gone from winter to summer and I didn't write a thing about spring. Well, no use crying over what can't be changed. Best to just move along.


The garden is producing summer squash, lettuce, cucumbers and peppers. Lots of tomatoes, but none ripe yet. The green beans are racing up their trellising but haven't produced any blossoms and the Blenheim apricot is heavy with pale orange fruit, still rock-hard.













I haven't done any knitting on the Spring Surprice Shawl since I came home from SF in March, but have not given up on it. It's in a bag behind my chair just waiting for a time when I can give it my full attention. I have almost finished the Spiderman Laphgan. Didn't get it done in time for O's birthday, but will try for Christmas. However, I recently asked him if he still liked Spiderman and he replied that he liked Batman more. But I think it'll be okay on the day.

I frogged the green toe-up socks because I couldn't figure out the heel directions being as I am using a different number of stitches than it calls for. Also, they were a bit too small around; so I did a swatch and am knitting on 56 stitches instead of the 48 I was using. Also, I found some generic directions for the heel in the pattern and will use those when I get to that point again.


My current project of choice is the Goddess Mystery Anniversary Shawl. It's circular and I had some real difficulty getting started but, by the time I got to the end of Clue 1, things were going pretty well. I haven't started Clue 2 yet but it's 24 rows of 144 stitches, so it will almost certainly take longer. and Clue 3 comes out Saturday. That will start with 288 stitches. I probably should have tried the EZ Pi shawl first, but never got around to it.

No comments: