Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Road Trip 2015 Day 8

Bella Vista, AR to Ankeny, IA

Heading north through Missouri and Iowa to visit Mr. B's cousin near Des Moines.  She lives in an Independent Living apartment building with her Bichon Frise.
But on the way we stopped for gas in Lamar, MO and there, right across the street, was a quilt shop!

http://www.quiltingqueenonline.com/

This time I didn't have to scream.  So far I hadn't asked to stop at any quilt shops.  They had a very good selection.  I did think that their fat quarters were a little overpriced at $3 per, so I bought two yards at $8.99 and 9.99 each.  I wonder if this is their strategy.  Anyway, I'm happy with a yard of white on white and one of pale violet.  For souvenirs I try to buy neutrals because that is what my stash lacks.

Mr. B and Ginger

For dinner we went to Fong's Pizza, definitely a different experience!  Look for this idea to head west, unless it's already here and I just don't know about it, given my small-town life.

We ordered three pizzas:  Hunan Pork, Sesame Chicken, and Loaded Potato.  I wasn't too crazy about the Hunan Pork (too sweet for my taste) but I really liked the other two.  Especially the potato.  Not too much of a surprise given my propensity for anything starchy and white that grows underground.  This really opened my eyes to all kinds of pizza possibilities.

No comments: