Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Seize the Day

This morning the Husband came back from walking Leo and suggested that we drive up to Fremont Peak.
I had planned to spend most of the day sewing - EAS wants a lizard costume for Halloween and I've committed to making it for her, so I suggested that we do it another day. But then the Husband made a comment about what a beautiful day it was and that set me to thinking about how often we put off doing things and lose the perfect moment forever.

So I decided to leave the costume for tomorrow and we took off right after lunch. The valleys were hazy but the sky above was the most beautiful blue.


One of the things we wanted to do was to check out the campsites. I've never been camping but we do have a tent, sleeping bags and a camp stove, and I've been talking about trying it at least once before I'm too old. Fremont Peak State Park is close enough to home that, if I chicken out in the middle of the night, we could be back in my own bed pretty quickly.

However, I think that if we do choose Fremont Peak, it won't be in summer or early fall - the deer flies were awful today!

It was very quiet up there. We saw only one campsite in use and only one other couple visiting as we were.









Finally got a photo of the Green Eyelet socks I finished the other day. I can't believe what a perfect fit they are. The basic pattern was the Universal Toe-up Sock pattern from Knitty.com.

The eyelet pattern was from Wendy Johnson's Double Eyelet Rib Socks.

I finished Clue 5 on Mystery Stole 4 tonight. Clue 6 comes out on Friday. We were still watching Bones when I finished, so I started working on the Purple Pattern socks. I've completed about 5 inches, so I tried them on and the fit looks good. The yarn is Lion Brand Magic Stripes and is a bit thicker that what I usually use, but I'm still using size 0 needles with 48 stitches around.

No comments: