Friday, October 3, 2008

Rain on the Way



The first storm of the season is reportedly heading our way. This KSBW webcam photo from Fremont Peak definitely shows "precursor" clouds. It seems like it's been a very long time since we had any rain - at least since last March or April. However, this is very early for the fall storms, so I won't be too surprised if it just fizzles out. Disappointed, yes, because I really love rain.
But, on the other hand, this is County Fair weekend, so I won't be that disappointed.



This is the end of Clue 4 on Mystery Stole 4. Clue 5, which was released this morning, has 48 rows which will take us to row 232. Then I have to knit the same thing all over again and graft the two pieces together with the Kitchener stitch. So, considering it will probably have taken me a little less than 4 weeks to do this much, I should have this baby ready to block by Halloween. So far it's been a pretty fast knit but sometimes the boredom factor can set in when I'm doing the same thing twice. Sort of like second sock syndrome.

Speaking of which, I am just about finished with the green eyelet socks - only seven more rows of ribbing to do on the second sock and they are ready to wear. I started them in January but had to frog a couple of times due to size issues. This time I have a winner, I hope.

No comments: