Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday in the City


I've been here since Wednesday. Mom's recovery is coming along nicely. Last Thursday she walked down the front stairs, with a great deal of difficulty. To come back up, she did 2 or 3 steps, then sat down on a pillow for a few minutes, then did 2-3 more. She was very shaky by the time she finished, but I think she was pleased with herself. Since then she has been practising in the house using an exercise step.
The physical therapist comes again tomorrow morning but I'm not sure we will do the outside steps since it will just be the two of us and Mom. We are still aiming to take Mom back to our house on Thursday. Hope it happens!
KAS and her Mom spent yesterday afternoon with us. KAS helped me wind another skein of the shawl yarn and then we played Spider Solitaire. I hadn't tried it but my hairdresser told me about it and she's right, it's loads of fun. I won more than I lost in level 1, so today I moved up to level 2. I had a lot of trouble until I read the hints. That and the flashing helped a lot and I finally won a game. I'll have to see if you can turn the flashing thing off - it feels too much like cheating for me. When I win something, I want to know that it was only me doing it!
Thursday I had to rip out 12 rows in the Shawl. The row where I had the problems was the one I had planned to put a lifeline in. Friday I re-knitted the 12 rows but haven't touched it since. So I'm still on Clue 4, about a third of the way through.
Yesterday and today I worked on the lilac Feather and Fan shawl which is going to my sister. I only have about 30 rows left to do. Then I have to weave in the ends. No blocking because it's acrylic.

No comments: