Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lace Shawl Finished! except for blocking…

The 2009 Goddess Anniversary Shawllace shawl cropped

This is the farthest I’ve ever gotten on a lace shawl. Everyone says that it will look totally different after blocking. I think I’m also going to add a little crocheted edging at the neckline as it looks a bit fragile. But, all in all, I am really pleased with this shawl. Even before blocking it’s large enough for me.

middle of Aug 018

This is the 2008 Ravelry Block of the Month CAL afghan. I wanted it a little bigger so I crocheted three extra blocks to make it 5x3. I am currently working on a six-row border to finish it off. I was hoping to be able to just use stash yarn but I’ve already had to buy another skein of lavender and just may have to buy one more.

I’ve started a pair of socks for The Husband and am also working on charity hats. I plan to pull out one of the hibernating lace shawls, probably the 2008 Goddess Anniversary Shawl. I am on the final clue but have quite a lot of 500+ stitch rows to do. This is a circular shawl and has a border all around. I haven’t done a border yet but I think I can do it.

I’m also thinking about starting the Half-Square in Trinity Stitch shawl from Victorian Lace Today if I can figure out the directions. Just looking at it, the numbers don’t add up; but there is no errata for this pattern, so I’m probably wrong. I’m going to do a swatch using Paton’s Grace so that I don’t mess up the silk yarn that I really want to use. More about this later.

Road Trip Yarn Purchases 006

The yarn I would like to use is the one on the bottom. It is 100% silk and was bought in Arkansas last summer while we were on vacation. It should give this shawl a nice drape. Of course, I will do a swatch before casting on.

No comments: