Monday, September 22, 2008

Road Trip Yarn Purchases


The dark skein is Schaefer Andrea, Jane Addams colorway. It is 100% silk, laceweight, about 1093 yards. I couldn't resist it - the colors are so glorious: garnet, olive, teal, and I keep seeing hints of lavender but cannot actually find any lavender. I will probably use it for a shawl from Victorian Lace Today.

The pastel skein is Prism Lace Wool, color Spice. It is 100% wool, also laceweight and about 1460 yards. The colors range from lavenders to pinks to yellows and beiges. Another shawl, maybe from the same book. There are so many I would like to knit from that book.

The balls of yarn are Jojoland Melody Superwash, 100% wool, fingering weight, about 220 yards per skein. They don't have named colors but we have a heathery pink and a heathery teal. I will probably be able to get 2 pairs of socks from each color.

These yarns were purchased at Knitwicks in Rogers, Arkansas. We were visiting the Husband's cousin BA in Bella Vista and his wife G found this shop for me. She doesn't knit but was very supportive of both my knitting and quilting habits. A true friend, indeed!

No comments: