Sunday, September 28, 2008

Taste of Morgan Hill

The South Valley Quilt Association puts on a quilt show every year on the last weekend in September. It is held in conjunction with Taste of Morgan Hill in the MH Community Center, a great venue. There is one really large room where they hang most of the quilts and several smaller rooms for the vendors (always an important part of any quilt show); they also hang many more quilts in the hallway that runs the length of the building.

Once again, the quilts were outstanding. I always come away from this show inspired to create more and better quilts. A couple of years ago there were several quilts based on Louisa L. Smith's Strips and Curves book. The four of us in the Courthouse Quilters group decided that we would each sew one of these and enter them in the Pinnacle Quilt Guild April 2007 show, which we did.


This year there were two quilts from Bella Bella Quilts ; both were absolute knockouts! I've had this book on my Amazon wish list for several months and now I think I need to order it soon.
The quilt on the far right has Celtic applique in the center and the corners. We chatted with the quiltmaker and she said that this is the first time she has ever entered anything in a show. She doesn't even belong to a guild, although she says she is planning to join the SVQA. I did get a program but not the leaflet which gave the quilt names and makers. So I don't know this lady's name but I'm trying to find someone who does know.


















The featured artist was Carla Gulati who does these amazing pieces.





I think this lady must have wandered in from the vintage car show
which stretched for two blocks on Main Street.

No comments: