Thursday, September 25, 2008

Moving Along on the BQM

I'm working on the backing for the Burger Queen Mystery Quilt. These are extra blocks - the blue stars were my original block but I decided that the blue should be the background not the stars; the 3" star blocks were extras - somehow I miscounted; the circle in a square block is made from leftover pieces. Those triangles were not easy to cut and I don't want to waste any. So I am going to incorporate these five blocks into my pieced backing.





This cool print was planned to be the border on the front but I decided that it didn't look so good. I left it pinned up on the design wall for a good two weeks hoping it would begin to look better. But that didn't work this time so I've decided to use it on the back. Right now my plans are to set the above blocks at various angles with this print filling in around them. There probably won't be quite enough so I will use the blue from the front border and a gold print all around. I have plenty of both.


I still don't know how I'm going to quilt this baby. One of the group members suggested quilting with the back on top but I'm not that experienced a machine quilter and am a little afraid of going that route without a good all-over print to guide me. I have the book Quilting Back to Front but I just don't think I'm ready yet.

No comments: