Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Meet the Goats







I went to the LDS Family History Center this afternoon to order a microfilm for my Stout family research and when I left I heard a rustling coming from the edge of their parking lot. Of course I had to investigate, and this is what I found. Four goats foraging, two were eating grass and two were nibbling on the bark of some small trees.



We have some dried up corn still on our cornstalks, so we are going to ask the goat owner if he would like to have them. I don't think they would be much good in the compost bin anyway.







This is the third time I've planted microgreens and I haven't managed to actually put any on the table yet.
I'm not even sure how to use them or if we will like them. Supposedly they are being used in the finest restaurants and, being as they are the plant stage just past sprouts, they've got to be healthy.

The first two time I planted them I didn't get to use them when they were ready and then it was too late. To tell the truth, I'm so used to having a couple of months between sowing and harvesting, that I forgot about them. I planted these in the greenhouse on 9/18 and this is the amount of growth just five days later. Most seeds haven't even sprouted in five days! This time we are going to eat them. This week. Guaranteed...


The Burger Queen Mystery quilt has its borders. The rust border is 1", the 2" middle border matches the stars and the 3"outer border is a different fabric from the background but the color is close. I ran out of the blue basketweave, unfortunately because I really love it. Now to plan the backing.

No comments: