Saturday, July 19, 2008

SPIDERMAN LAPGHAN COMPLETED


I started the Spiderman Lapghan in March and finally finished it this afternoon. The first couple of months were pretty tough – I was having a lot of hand pain and crocheting was more painful than knitting, but at that point I still hoped to have it finished by my grandson's birthday in late April. Once I realized that each round was getting bigger (and taking longer) I slowed down because there was no chance of finishing it that quickly. Since then, I only picked it up occasionally, mostly when I needed something mindless. The final step was to reverse single crochet around the outer edge. I really worked at it but could not get it right. So I finally settled for a slip stitch all around and I think it looks pretty good. I'm not entirely happy with the way the webs look but they'll do. I may enter it in the County Fair this fall and give it to DGS after that.

While it was in progress, I usually kept the afghan in a bag next to my chair. But one night I wanted to see how it looked spread out, so I put it on the bed in my sewing room. The next morning I found Leo curled up on it. That gave me the idea of making a small version for him using the leftover yarn. That solves the problem of royal blue and red acrylic yarn added to my stash.


No comments: