Saturday, January 3, 2009

January Resolution

I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions because experience has taught me that I can't keep them for more than a day or two. But today I sort of had a personal "intervention" about my habit of printing out recipes and patterns that I find online.

I used to be careful with my paper and ink; unless I needed the recipe/pattern right away, I would usually just bookmark the site. At one point I maxed out Yahoo's bookmark limit of 999 and had to go in and delete some so that I could add more!

But for quite some time now I've been making the decision to print much more frequently. The breaking point happened when I wanted to prepare some shrimp that SaveMart had on special. I looked at my seafood recipes and found one for Greek Style Shrimp which sounded good (and I had the feta cheese on hand); then I found two more with the same name. Each was slightly different but basically the same. That's when I decided that maybe I had better cut back on my accumulating.

So for the rest of this month I am not going to print any recipes or knitting/crochet/quilt patterns. I already have more than I could ever use, so it's time for a moratorium. I am making an exception for projects already committed to: Bonnie Hunter's Double Delight quilt, which is her New Year's Eve mystery quilt with clues being released for the next several days, and the Ravelry 2009 12" CAL.

We'll see how this goes...

No comments: