Monday, January 5, 2009

Socks Finished


And they fit the Husband pretty well. I used Knit Picks Felici in the Nutmeg colorway. He wears a size 13 shoe so the pair took two entire 50 gram balls. I think in the future I will buy 4 balls of any sock yarn I want for him. That way I won't have to worry about running short and there will be plenty left to knit a pair for me.

This yarn was part of a sampler package of various sock yarns that I bought a couple of years ago. All the yarns were in shades of brown, from very dark to very light. I think there was only one stripe and also at least one tweed. I don't remember what I paid for it but I don't think it was anywhere near what their sock samplers cost now.

I used the Universal Toe-up Sock pattern from Knitty.com; I never have a failure with that one.

No comments: