Friday, January 4, 2008

During the Storm


2.75 inches from 6pm yesterday until 6pm today. I can't remember that much in a 24 hour period, even during the El Nino years.
We had extremely high winds but didn't lose power, although there were several false alarms from the APC that I have on the Tech Center PC.

Yesterday I joined the Spring Shawl Surprice
Yahoo group. They are knitting a lace shawl as a mystery knit-along (KAL) with the first clue given on New Year's Day, and subsequent clues given each Tuesday after that. I joined late, so I am starting from behind. Right now I'm doing the first swatch, then will do the second swatch and block both before I can actually cast on. I expect I'll be at least two clues behind by the time I get started on the actual shawl. I'm using size four needles because that's what has been suggested; however, I only have metal needles in that size and I'm really not liking the way they tend to split the yarn. I think I need to check out KnitPicks' wooden needle sets.
I also started a pair of socks a few days ago using two circular needles, size 0. I had wanted to do 2 socks at the same time but couldn't find any directions for 2 socks on 2 circulars, toe-up. (Sounds like the way some people order at Starbucks!) Now that I'm comfortable with one sock, I think I might knit the second sock up to the same point as the first and then get them both on the same needles.

I took this video from our front porch this afternoon.

No comments: