Monday, January 14, 2008

Vacation's Over

I've been retired for two weeks now and still haven't been able to settle in to a routine as I had planned. But today I actually got up before 9am and accomplished most of what I had set out to do. JP says it's like being on a vacation and then you get tired of that and start doing the things you really want to do. Or have to do, like laundry, paying bills, cooking proper meals etc.

Saturday was our annual sew day at SW's house. We mostly worked on the Snail's Trail quilt blocks that we started last January. In the last year, I had only spent about an hour or so on mine. I'm not sure the others had even looked at theirs'. Anyway, I have 4 blocks completed and about 20 more partially done. I think I need at least 30 - hope I have enough fabric.

My two-color Snails Trail.

DS working on her 2-color Snails Trail

SW worked on a charity project.

I haven't found the 4th ball of KP Alpaca Cloud that I had planned to use for the Shawl KAL so I ordered some more lace weight from Knit Picks. Tomorrow the third clue comes out and I still haven't received my yarn, so I'm really going to be behind. Meanwhile I'm working on my green socks which have a really simple lace pattern.

We are supposed to have some nice weather the next few days, then a deep cold spell. I don't mind rain, but sure don't like frost.

No comments: