Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Raining Again

It started yesterday morning and is forecast to continue, off and on, for the next several days.




The guys worked on the greenhouse most of yesterday - putting in the cement border for the brick aisle, also trimming the slats for the benches.


KAS has been asking for a Sew Day, so we took advantage of the MLK holiday. She finished the piecing on her little "Blue Squares" top using the new sewing machine that her parents gave her for Christmas. I'm going to pin-baste it so that she can try quilting next time she comes down.


I'm up to row 15 on the SSS. That's better than I thought I could do but, since there are 50 rows in Clue 1 and Clue 4 came out today, I'll probably never catch up. I'm using KP Gossamer in Sweet Pea and it's really quite lovely. But with lace, you can't really tell what it will really look like until it's finished and blocked. This is a photo of the swatch I did.

I think I'm finally settling in to Retirement but I'm sure not doing many of the things I had planned to do. I haven't turned out a single closet or cabinet, haven't planted any seeds in the raised beds, haven't looked at my genealogy records... I haven't even finished setting up the new laptop. I have finished two novels and am well on my way to finishing a third. And I have only walked one day. But I have finished 20 blocks on the Snails Trail, only 10 to go. It's going to be a close thing with the green fabric - I may need to do some extra piecing or something.

No comments: