Tuesday, January 8, 2008

In the Salad




The tomatoes I picked yesterday looked just fine when I cut into them. However, the taste was mediocre - okay but not as good as commercial on-the-vine tomatoes we can buy in the winter. On the other hand, they didn't cost 2.49 a pound either.
I had to frog Swatch No. 1 on the Spring Shawl; somehow or other I picked up some extra stitches the other day. However, I was able to complete the new swatch while we watched a movie on TV tonight and it's ready to block tomorrow. I originally started it using size 4 metal needles but was having a hard time keeping stitches from slipping off. So I switched to 2 bamboo double points, which was all I had in wooden size 4. Much better, so yesterday I ordered a set of Harmony interchangeable circular needles from KnitPicks. A little pricey but I think they'll be worth it. It seems a lot of people knit with circulars all the time as they cause fewer wrist problems.
More rain this afternoon but nothing like last Friday.


No comments: