Monday, February 4, 2008

San Jose Snow 2008


San Jose Snow 2008
Originally uploaded by srednierm/Marty

Driving out of San Francisco today, the snow remaining on Mt Hamilton was visible as far north as Daly City. At first we didn't realize that it was Mt Hamilton we were seeing - it looked so close, probably because the air was so clear after the recent storms. I wanted L to stop so that I could take a picture but he wouldn't, so I took several from the moving car as we were going through San Jose. I haven't downloaded them yet but I really don't think they will be any good. Meanwhile I found this superb photo on Flickr. It was taken several days ago but there is almost as much snow today, although there were no clouds.


Later:

You can just see the snow-capped peak in the distance.



No comments: