Friday, February 1, 2008

Clue 1 Finished

I finished this last night while we were watching the Season 4 premiere of "Lost" - actually it spilled over into "Eli Stone" which is the new show after "Lost." I am reserving opinion on that one. I'll watch it again, but I'm not yet committed.
Anyway, I'm beginning to think I should have used a solid or heathered yarn as recommended, instead of this variegated yarn, pretty as it is. Clue 2 is said to be much more challenging although there are fewer rows. I need to put in a lifeline and then I hope I can get started tonight.
We went to the City yesterday and started home at 4pm during the storm. It rained so hard that there was actually standing water on 280.
Problems with our water softener - Wednesday night it did its regeneration but then wouldn't stop the cycle. It was still pouring out waste water Thursday morning, even pulling the plug didn't stop it. We finally had to turn the valve off which left us with no water in the house except for the cold water tap in the kitchen sink. L called Sears this morning to schedule service. Tuesday is the earliest they can be here. Fortunately we found the bypass valve so we now have water in the house. We are heading back to SF today and may be up there until Monday, so the water problem won't affect us.

No comments: